Giving fossnepal.org a complete facelift
From FOSS Nepal Community Wiki
Rough outline of fossnepal.org. Needs to be organized well... Please contribute...
- 1 About FOSS Nepal Community
- 2 What is FOSS?
- 3 Benefits of FOSS in general and Nepal's context
- 4 Useful Resources
- 5 How to get involved/contribute?
- 6 FAQ's
- 7 Contact us
- 8 News and Announcements
- 9 Teams/Interest Groups
- 10 Ongoing Events/Activities/Projects
- 11 Upcoming Events/Activities
- 12 Past Events/Activities
- 13 Mailings lists
- 14 Blogs
- 15 Photos
- 16 Audio/Videos
- 17 Wiki
- 18 Useful Links
- 19 Downloads
- 20 Local FOSS Communities across Nepal
- 21 University/College/School FOSS Communities
- 22 Profiles of Community Members
- 23 In the News (Media/Press Coverage)
- 24 Awards/Recognition
- 25 Supporting Organizations
- 26 FOSS Newsletter
- 27 Forum
- 28 FOSS Alternatives/Migration
- 29 Feedback/Suggestions
- 30 Help FOSS Nepal
- 31 FOSS Nepal Email address for Contributors
- 32 How to form a new team/project?
- 33 How to get help?
About FOSS Nepal Community
- Maybe a brief history (Background)
- FOSS Nepal Community is a team of volunteers who believe in the usage of Free/Open Source Software (FOSS). The primary objective of the community is to promote and diversify the usage of Free/Open Source Software in Nepal.
* To raise awareness among general public, government bodies, private sector, civil society, educational institutions and media for expanding the scope of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) via Free and Open Source Software * To sensitize general public, government bodies, civil society and media for the implementation of e-governance by means of FOSS; the optimal solution for e-governance * Advocacy for alternatives in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) specific to ICT * To enhance the capacity of IT professionals by promoting inclusion of Free and Open Source Software in educational system and providing platform for IT professionals to make them globally salable
What is FOSS?
Benefits of FOSS in general and Nepal's context
How to get involved/contribute?
- Partial Localization/Translation of the site itself
News and Announcements
- with RSS feeds
- Fedora User Group
- College Coordination
- Fedora 10 (Cambridge) release party - tentatively 29th November
- Googlegroups Mailing List: email@example.com
- including M/L etiquettes and Subscribe buttons
- IOSN, FSF, GNU, etc.
- Get Firefox, OOo, Pass it on, etc.
Local FOSS Communities across Nepal
University/College/School FOSS Communities
University/College Communities...maybe with with their own pages like local FOSS Communities:
- Kathmandu University Open Source Community
- IOE FOSS
- Open Source Community - Himalaya College of Engineering(HCOE)
- St. Xavier's College
- Budhanilkantha School
- RBS FOSS Club
School FOSS Communities:
Profiles of Community Members
- Who's who in the community
- Optional (depends on member's preference)
In the News (Media/Press Coverage)
- 2007 Best SFD Award
- We could have a subscription page for Newsletter
Help FOSS Nepal
- donation (via PayPal and/or local bank account)
FOSS Nepal Email address for Contributors
How to form a new team/project?
How to get help?
- Mailing Lists
- Live Chat (IRC)