February 27 2011
From FOSS Nepal Community Wiki
- Date: February 27, 2011, Sunday
- Time: 11:00 AM
- Venue: FOSS Nepal Office, Putalisadak
- Hempal Shrestha
- Dadhiram Nepal
- Abhishek Singh
- Office Furnishing
- Linux Training
- College Contacts
- Promotional Materials
- Migration (MoST)
- FOSS Nepal Activation
- FOSS Contacts
- Carpet has been laid out in the office.
- Cushion has been bought.
- Notice board to be fixed in a few days.
- Need to think about the rent (are we moving to another building??)
- No update on the concept paper.
- Subir to work out on the concept paper and budget.
- Himalayan College of Engineering has postponed the event.
- Dadhiram will cover on with Informatics college.
- Hempal will follow up with LBEF campus.
- Abhishek will follow up with the report and photographs of the event at St. Xavier's college.
- 100 CDs sent to Dharan by Dadhiram.
- 80 CDs developed and sent to Himalayan College or Engineering.
- Need to develop 50 CDs each for Nirvikalpa and Ubuntu (will wait till the new version is released). Also a few CDs for Fedora as well.
- No update from the ministry.
- The delay will effect the schedule and will add more burden.
FOSS Nepal Activation
- Abhishek to email about Rajneesh Bhandari's effort on preparing a write up on FOSS for Nepalese Media.
- Abhishek to put meeting updates in the Wiki.
- Follow up with Prabin Gautam about website updates.
- Need to work on the initiative taken by CA Member Gagan Thapa on prioritizing FOSS at the policy and national budget level.
- No updates from Simon Parrish (Open Aid initiative).
- StartupWeekend: it's still to materialized
- David (regarding phonetic pronunciation & symbol): Act as a communication channel for him and introduce him to the person/group (might be Laxmi jee and LTK) interested in his work.