February 20 2011
From FOSS Nepal Community Wiki
- Date: February 21, 2011
- Time: 12:15 pm
- Venue: FOSS Nepal's Office, Putalisadak, Kathmandu
- Hempal Shrestha
- Dadhiram Nepal
- Abhishek Singh
- Office furnishing
- Linux Training
- College Contacts
- FOSS Nepal Activation
- Migration (MoST)
- Cover the floor with a normal plush or rug carpet (if possible with a foam as a insulator at the bottom).
- Put 1 dozen of cushion/mats.
- Other furnishing to be delayed until we have funds.
- Talk with Subisu/WorldLink for the internet.
- Discussion of the event as a normal training or as a workshop. Need to clarify this in the concept document.
- Budget allocation according to the type of event.
- Current budget allocation (as developed and rectified in yesterday's meeting) adheres to a normal training type.
- Subir to work on the concept and other details, budget to be aligned accordingly.
- Need to prepare a proposal for the event so as to approach prospective donors.
- Need to prepare a schedule of college visits.
- Upcoming events at Himalayan College of Engineering, Kathford College, LBEF. Need to follow up with them.
- Follow up on about the event at St. Xaviers college.
- Have meetings with the college students/groups/communities to establish frequent communication and to energize the FOSS movement in their institution.
FOSS Nepal Activation
- Push contribtions on wiki.
- Update the website.
- Plan regular meetings possibly at our own office.
- Organize frequent events to keep up the momentum.
- Develop promotional materials (e.g. Flex banner, flyers, CD/DVD) so as to be ready to support any event (p.s.: we were not able to support the St. Xaviers college with materials).
- Dadhiram jee to get the update and report at the next meeting.
- Proposed Next Meeting: On 27 February 2011 at FOSS Nepal's Office (time TBD)
- Possible agenda for the next meeting: a) Updates on Migration (MoST) b) Follow up with college groups/communities c) Concept paper and budgeting for the Linux training to be finalized d) Website updates (p.s. Prabin Gautam is involved with updating our websites)