FOSS Training to Rural Telecenter's representatives at TITI
From FOSS Nepal Community Wiki
Date: 3rd July, 2008
Time: 10:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 3:30pm
No. of participants: 18 and 19 respectively in morning and day shift.
Presenters: Prabin Gautam and Shishir Jha
- What is FOSS?
- Why We need FOSS in Nepal?
- FOSS Nepal Activities So far.
- Benifit of FOSS in grassroot level.
- Comprehensive training on Localized OpenOffice.org Package developed by Madan Puraskar Pustakalaya.
- Brief Introduction to Nepalinux 3.0
- Brief demo/installation of applications available in OSSWIN CD.
Resources Distribution(for each participants):
- TTCS OSSWIN CD,
- NEPALINUX 3.0 DVD,
- "OOo Writer for M$ Word users" manual,
- OpenOffice.org Installation Manual .