FOSS Nepal Community Meeting
On the date of 28th May 2016, Saturday Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) Nepal community will be hosting community meeting to discuss about the further planning of community Events and Projects. We welcome all the active community members, new faces and college representative of community to join a meeting so, that we will be able to share the responsibilities of the community with each others. On the meeting we also plan to finalize new event organizing committee to celebrate Software Freedom Day 2016 in Nepal.
- 1. Discussion about SFD2016, and selecting new event organizing committee.
- 2. Involving new faces in community activities.
- 3. Roles and responsibilities of future community leaders.
- 4. Starting next season of FOSSNP weekly and FOSS KA KURA.
Meeting Date and Venue
- Date: 28th May 2016, Saturday
- Time: 4:30 PM onwards
- Venue: Outlines Research & Development Pvt. Ltd, Chakupat.
- For More Information please contact Nikesh Balami (email@example.com)
No, you don't have to pre-register for a meeting, join us directly. Its open for everyone.
- Nikesh Balami (Acme/OKN/FOSS)
- Sujit Maharjan (IOE)
- Hempal Shrestha (FOSS)
- Sagar Ghimire (Acme/FOSS)
- Sandeep Neupane (KUOSC)
- Rishi Raj Gautam (KUOSC)
- Utsab Sapkota (KUOSC)
- Arjun Gautam (ASCOL/FOSS)
- Amit Shrestha (NIST/FOSS)
- Pawan Karki (ASCOL)
- Nootan Ghimire (Mozilla Nepal)
- Avash Mulmi (Mozilla Nepal)
- Surit Aryal (Mozilla Nepal)
- Basanta Shrestha (FOSS/Libresoft)
- Sagun Dhakhua (FOSS/Outlines)
- Robin Angbuhang (Individual)
- Subir Pradhanga (FOSS)
- Sagar Chhetri (FOSS/Chitwanix)
- Arun Kumar (FOSS Chitwan / Chitwanix)
- Niraj Bista (FOSS Chitwan)
- Sushil Ale Magar (Pokhara)
- Long term and sustainable engagement of professional members.
- Motivating Colleges administration alongside students.
- Productive FOSS KA KURA and spreading right messages.
- Reducing gaps between old and new members.
- Working in the renewal of an community.
- Collaborating with company who supports the philosophy of openness.
- Increasing projects and events.
- Collecting data of our technical expertise.
- Increasing engagements with colleges and open communities.
- Contact person of an community for all kinds of activities.
- Searching funds to remove financial problem of an community.
After taking suggestion and inputs from both physical and virtual participants of an meeting, here are the list of some conclusion to make community and community activities more flexible and impactful.
- 1) Increasing engagement with students and College communities - By developing training curriculum and through FOSS KA KURA, A separate team will be working on it and the members of that team will include interested people from Open Call and College Community lead or representation. A private organization will help the team to search suitable presenter for those training.
- 2) Community Projects and Events - Motivating community members to do more sustainable projects and paid training to improve and support community financial condition.
- 3) Contact Person of Community - Active and Future Leader of community will now work as an contact person for the community, A certain team will be formed soon.
- 4) Open Communities and Technical Expertise Information - A team consisting the representation of others open communities will be formed so, that we can increase collaboration in others events and the expertise of each others community can be exchanged. FOSS Nepal Datasheet which consists those information will be updated in the coming days.
- 5) Software Freedom Day 2016 - Open Call lead by Nikesh and Arjun will work in the preparation of coming SFD2016.
Please find the photo of an meeting from our Facebook Group.